What is Yoga?
Yoga is an ancient practice that originated in India 5000 years ago, but which has evolved over the millenia as it spread throughout the world.
Today, most yoga traditions involve a combination of physical movements, meditation and breathing practices that improve health and wellbeing.
A regular yoga practice has been shown to :
- Improve muscular strength, endurance, flexibility, balance, and joint mobility
- Simulate the immune system
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase energy and improve moods
- Improve sleep and decrease insomnia
- Improve focus and concentration
- Increase self-awareness, self-acceptance and compassion toward self and others